Hanover Messe: on the move in digital terms
When Hanover becomes the "Home of Industrial Pioneers" again from April 20 to 24, 2020, North Rhine-Westphalia's mechanical and plant engineering companies will also be there again and show what they have to offer on the show’s key theme "Industrial Transformation".
From April 20 to 24, 2020, North Rhine-Westphalia will be presenting innovative and practical solutions at the joint state stands "Factory Automation" in hall 7 and "Digital Factory" in hall 16. The global challenges are increasing and North Rhine-Westphalia's mechanical and plant engineering sector is meeting them with appropriate answers: it’s future-oriented products offer solutions in connection with current global challenges such as demographic development, resource efficiency, climate and environmental protection, increasing urbanization, mobility and secure energy supplies.
At the joint NRW stands "Factory Automation" and "Digital Factory" the NRW exhibitors will be presenting their innovative and pioneering products and technologies. They play a decisive role as both a source of inspiration and an enabler for many other branches of industry.
In addition to the classic exhibition area, visitors to the fair can expect a varied and informative stage programme on the NRW stage at the stand in Hall 7 Stand A10. Lecture series on the exciting topics of artificial intelligence, cybersecurity and 5G provide insights into these topics.
ProduktionNRW organizes the following series of events:
- Strengthening smart production in North Rhine-Westphalia: Tue. 21.04.2020, 11:00 - 12:00 hrs.
- Artificial intelligence for mechanical engineering: Tue. 21.04.2020, 12:00 - 13:45 hrs.
- Augmented and Virtual Reality for mechanical engineering: Tue. 21.04.2020, 14:00 - 15:00 hrs.
- Cybersecurity: Wed. 22.04.2020, 12:00 - 13:00 hrs.
The NRW joint stand "Factory Automation" in hall 7 stand A 10 will be presented with the following exhibitors:
- @-yet Industrial IT-Security GmbH: www.add-yet.de
- ATR Industire-Elektronik GmbH: www.atrie.de
- Bals Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG: www.bals.com
- Bergische Struktur- und Wirtschaftsförderungsgesellschaft mbH: www.bergische-gesellschaft.de
- Bontronic Steuerungstechnik GmbH: www.bontronic.de
- Demag Cranes & Components GmbH: www.demagcranes.com
- DTO Consulting GmbH: www.dto-research.com
- Elotech Industrieelektronik GmbH: www.elotech.de
- F.H. Papenmeier GmbH & Co. KG: www.papenmeier.de
- Gostnorm AG: www.gn-ag.de
- Haption GmbH: www.haption.de
- In | Die Region Ruhr c/o Wirtschaftsförderung Dortmund: www.regionruhr.de
- ITB Ingenieurgesellschaft für technische Berechnungen mbH: www.itb-fem.de
- J.D. Theile GmbH & Co. KG: www.jdt.de
- LMD GmbH: www.lmd-innovation.de
- MAGSYS magnet systeme GmbH: www.magsys.de
- Netzwerk Industrie RuhrOst e.V.: www.ni-ro.de
- Netzwerk Maschinenbau Südwestfalen c/o GWS im märkischen Kreis mbH: www.nemas-sw.de
- Pressluft Klefinghaus GmbH: www.klefinghaus.de
- ProduktionNRW c/o VDMA NRW: www.produktion.nrw.de
- PROTECA / Exzellenzcluster Internet of Production: www.iop.rwth-aachen.de
- R&D Elektronik GmbH &Co. KG: www.rud.info
- TORWEGGE GmbH & Co. KG: www.torwegge.de
In the "Digital Factory" in hall 16 stand C16 the following exhibitors will be exhibiting:
- TWINSOFT Gmbh & Co. KG: www.twinsoft.de
- ProduktionNRW c/o VDMA NRW: www.produktion.nrw.de
- R&D Steuerungstechnik GmbH & Co. KG: www.rud.info
- CAD Schroer GmbH: www.cad-schroer.de
- Fero Labs GmbH: www.ferolabs.com
- cloudSME UG: www.cloudsme.eu
- Competence Center 5G.NRW: www.5g.nrw
- proLogistik GmbH + Co. KG: www.proLogistik.com
- Steinhaus Informationssysteme GmbH: www.steinhaus.de
- exceet Secure Solutions GmbH: www.exceet-secure-solutions.de
- Informationsfabrik (IN-FAB) GmbH: www.informationsfabrik.de
- PHYSEC GmbH: www.physec.de
NRW top location for mechanical and plant engineering
North Rhine-Westphalia is one of the leading locations for mechanical and plant engineering. With just under 200,000 employees in around 1,600 companies, mechanical engineering in North Rhine-Westphalia is the largest industrial employer in the state, generating a nominal turnover of 44.4 billion euros in 2018.
The typical SME structure of the industry stands for a culture of independence and is a symbol of the self-reliant, free and creative entrepreneurship in Germany. Approximately 70 percent of North Rhine-Westphalian companies employ fewer than 100 people, 90 percent fewer than 250. Many of the small and medium-sized companies are world leaders in their specialist fields. They offer solutions tailored precisely to their customers and drive innovation.
Reorientation of the Hannover Messe
The Hannover Messe is repositioning itself to take account of the industrial transformation processes. Six exhibition areas - "Automation, Motion & Drives", "Digital Ecosystems", "Energy Solutions", "Engineered Parts & Solutions", "Future Hub" and "Logistics" - create attractive platforms for exhibitors and visitors under the central theme of "Industrial Transformation". As a signpost and source of inspiration, the Hannover Messe thus offers an inspiring environment for companies to obtain or drive forward ideas for products, processes or their own corporate changes. The partner country of Hannover Messe 2020 is Indonesia.
In the exhibition area "Automation, Motion & Drives", which is now located in Halls 5 to 9 and 11 to 13, the automation topics of logistics and energy technology will be presented alongside automation, drive and fluid technology.
The "Digital Ecosystems" exhibition area, which is now located in Halls 14 to 17, is the platform for software solutions along the industrial value chain, such as AI and Machine Learning, Simulation and Digital Twin, Blockchain and VR, Big Data, IT Security and Cloud Services, as well as digital platforms.